Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Knife



funny name for this Swedish band which shouts some interesting tunes from Stockholm.

I found out about their music less than two years ago, when a fiend of mine lent me their latest CD, Silent Shout.


at first their sound felt strange, with their high pitch voices and daring electronic, but after listening to the album a couple of times it just got engraved deep in my head. for a couple of months I found myself muttering their songs in the most unexpected situations.

I then decided to go search for more of their stuff and found a set of very good previous albums, as well as singles and cooperations with other people. recently, they released a DVD set with a live concert together with Silent Shout. I listened to a couple of the live tracks and they are extremely interesting.

in my own music classification categories, I call The Knife's music "challenging music" because it takes a fair amount of effort to get to like it... but, my friends, after you go through it, you are open to a whole new world of music possibilities as you become a much more aware listener.


RESOURCES:



Heartbeats, which you may recognize from Sony Bravia's amazing ad, in a slightly different cover by José Gonzalez.




"We share our mother's Heath"




The very interesting "Marble house", with a little help from Jay Jay Johanson

No comments: